When I was young, I used to think that my Grandma M. was the coolest person alive. Now that I'm older, I'm reminded by fun memories of her that she WAS one of the coolest people to have ever lived.
I even told my parents I was running away to Grandma M's house once when I was young. I thought that living with her sounded like Heaven. Hmmmm maybe it was because she gave us anything we EVER wanted!?!
Here are a few things I remember about her.
Disney on Ice. I remember going to Disney on Ice multiple times when I was little.
Big Wheel bikes.
Sending bags hooked to strings down from her outside balcony to "fish"
Rolling down her grassy hill
Jumping on the tramp in her backyard
Playing in her cupboards downstairs
Playing in the boat in the garage
The cool vines growing on the outside of her house.
Eating Fat Jacks Pizza and drinking rootbeer.
Getting millions of ice cream cones.
Grape juice mixed with sprite.
Philip and Ben digging for "dinosaur" bones in the BBQ chicken
Stouffer's lasagna
Feeding the ducks
Going to the Monte Beam museum
Her orange stuffed snake
That huge brown furry pillow
Her pink bathroom that when I took a bath, I couldn't ever get the suds off. (soft water)
Her making our beds for us every morning about 30 seconds after we got out of bed.
Getting ziplock baggies of cereal for the ride home.
Going to lots of parades and sitting in front of a school (I think it was a school).
Looking for the camel on the mountain
Flocked Christmas trees
Hiding in her closet in the hallway across from the pink bathroom. The one with the cool sliding door where she kept the folding chairs.
Her green frog decoration hanging in the bathroom down stairs.
Popsicles always in the freezer.
Cookies with white chocolate chips.
Climbing in her tree outside (was it a walnut tree?)
Drawing with sidewalk chalk on outside on the patio cement.
She always had "bendy" straws to drink our drinks with
Reading little black Sambo before bedtime
How about you guys? What other memories do you have of Grandma M's house?
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh man, what memories! There were a lot that I forgot, I'm so glad you wrote all of those down! Something will remind me of her and I will just sit and think how much I miss her! I also remember mandarin oranges, apples with the skins peeled off, that cool lamp that was in the spare bedroom upstairs (the one closest to the laundry room)...it had a chain that hung down, it was the coolest thing! I also remember dress up clothes and when you guys would come up we would do "haunted houses" in the basement because you could get it so dark down there! Oh man if I could just turn back time! It makes me miss when we all used to get together. Thanks for posting this!
Post a Comment