Thursday, March 11, 2010
A few more memories of Grandma!
Thanks for a great post, Brooke!! Kenz, I remember mandarin oranges, too! Whenever I give them to my kids as a snack I have to smile! I also remember playing store in her storage room & of course badminton in the backyard!! What about walking her fence?? Grandma made the BEST couch beds-- I always felt special when I got to sleep on the couch in the front room... it always felt so "fancy" in there!! What about playing card games in there-- there were those old MONSTER cards with bride of frankenstein & stuff, does anybody else remember those?? What were they, old maid cards?? My favorite thing to play was hide-n-seek! There was a THOUSAND places to hide with all the built in cupboards & cabinets in the family room!! I remember turning over the plastic mat in her basement to trick people-- remember how POKY it was on the bottom?!? I know I got fooled by that many times! I remember I loved sitting out on the deck or front lawn to watch fireworks, too! & helping put out her awesome candle Christmas decorations! I loved those!! Hmmm... just one more-- I remember Grandma would ALWAYS put butter on our lunch meat sandwiches-- I thought it was SO NASTY!! ;) Brooke, thanks for bringing back some great memories!!! (Thanks to Kenzie, too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment